I’m officially declaring this blog unlabeled. Well, it’s labeled because it has a name- and that’s not changing because I paid $80 back in March… so for at least a while it will have the same name. But this blog will no longer be a healthy living blog, or a running blog, or a here’s what I ate and how much I ran today blog. I want this blog to actually be about me. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m pretty funny, and I’m a decent writer (I got a 90% on my High School Regents Exam). It may be shocking, but my life has a lot more detail to it than the 4 miles I ran this morning and how drenched in sweat I was.
Here is why I no longer want to be labeled how I have been- and how I labeled myself:
1. I feel very constricted here- which is silly because I own the place. I have written a few times about stuff that was not healthy at all- boozing it up- and have been chastised for it. I have a lot to say; I have written dozens of posts and then decided that this wasn’t the place so I’ve hit the safe draft button or have simply exited out. But then I got to wondering; where is the place for it, I don’t have another blog, and I don’t think I can handle managing another space to write. Now I will write about whatever the F I want. (unless I think it will upset my parents- then I will keep my thoughts to myself)
2. I’m never going to be a professional blogger, sure, the idea is nice. But then once I really think about it, it just wouldn’t work- I would sit at home eating Cheetos’s all day with a little blogging here and there when I felt inspired. I don’t have the want, need, or ambition to ask people for money to review their product that I’m probably never going to use anyway. I don’t really care enough to track my readers, or to send out fun newsletters to subscribers... I’m not even so sure about how to read Google Analytics- and apparently that is something that good healthy living bloggers know how to do. But, I do like free stuff, and if you want to keep sending it to me; go ahead!
3. I don’t enjoy reading blogs that only document what they ate and when, and how much they exercised, and blah blah blah…. so why would you want to? Yeah, I’ll let you know if I had a really great race, or if I face plant on a run again. Heck, I’ll even let you know when I’m just not into working and more into eating cake. I’ll keep you in the loop with every thing- but that’s just it; I’ll keep you in the loop with every thing-not just the boring stuff.
4. I’m kind of done losing weight, so the whole reason I started this blog is out the window. Do I want to be done? No. But I am. It sucks. But I’m also not going to write a post every day about how I can’t lose a single pound, no matter what I do, and no matter how many chicken wings I eat; it’s not coming off. But, if I happen to step on the scale and hit my goal weight (119); you’ll be the first to know.
5. I stink at taking pictures. I’ll still share some of my bad i-phone shots with you (made bearable by instagram); but I don’t want to feel pressured to capture every moment or feel bad that I ate my whole meal before snapping- and then altering- a picture of the same salad I eat every day. I do still promise to take pictures of my dog to make you smile.
6. I’m not like you- not to say that being you is a bad thing. I just don’t exhibit the same characteristics of a lot of healthy living bloggers. I don’t fit into the cookie cutter; I don’t want to. I will never use a protein powder; not in a drink, not in pancakes, I wouldn’t even bathe in it if it gave me the promise of making my body perfect. I don’t enjoy working out multiple times in one day; I rarely enjoy working out once a day. I run to make myself feel a little better about everything unhealthy I do. I have been known to eat a whole pizza- followed by an entree of a dozen chicken wings. I have more than once skipped a run because I decided the night before to have a few too many rum and cokes. I eat chocolate, at minimum, once a day… for breakfast. I don’t know how to cook anything more advanced than pasta and hotdogs (not on the grill, in the microwave), and I’m really not sitting around coming up with fancy recipes for you to pin, recreate, and re-pin.
I tried to be like you, I really wanted to, (almost) every one is super nice, and crafty, and in shape- why wouldn’t I want to be you? The reality is that, for me, being you is boring, and I think I’ve got something good going on here myself.
So, that’s that. I hope you stick around, and pop in every once in a while to see what’s new, or to see what I’m
doing not doing. This whole place will under-go some construction soon enough.My Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook (who are we kidding? I never update that thing anyway) handles will all stay the same- so make sure you’re following me there. I promise that, in the end, you may really like this change.
Or you won’t- that’s okay with me too.