July is over and August is here! Where has the summer gone?
There are some really big things in store for August, not necessarily for me, but definitely for other people in my family- My baby brother is getting married! And I could not be more excited for him. After 10 years together they are tying the knot, pretty exciting stuff.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
As for me, August is going to be a big training month, with only 11 weeks until the relay race I need to get my time down to where it should be and I need to focus on being on my feet more than I have been. Lets start increasing mileage and doing some speed training.
Secret: I hate speed training. But at this point, it’s something that needs to be done, and I refuse to put any less than 100% into it. The thought of letting anyone down can be the best and worst pressure when training. More importantly, I don’t want to let myself down, sorry to my teammates, but that would stink worse.
I don’t necessarily want to make August Goals, I do weekly goals, and yearly goals, a girl can only have so many goals to hold up, ya know? But I do want to focus on certain parts of my life, both in running and in general. But they aren’t goals, they’re friendly reminders of what I want August to be, if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.
- Find a balance between work, exercise, and play. Right now I feel like I’m jumping from one thing to the next with no fluidity.
- Save money, stop spending on silly things, and save for things that matter, like races and clothes that fit.
- Enjoy the three days I have off with my family and friends. Utilize those hours to fullest.
- Work on speed, work on distance, but more importantly work on my love of running.
- Start an ab workout plan and stick to it, with months off, it’s going to be hard to get back into routine. Especially since I still have an aching belly button.
I realize that for a lot of people, August is the push month, it’s like the last chance to enjoy exercising outside, their last chance before winter hibernation kicks in. For me, it’s the end of my hibernation. I don’t like heat, so the thought of fall and winter and really appealing to me. I push myself much harder in the colder months to get ready for spring.
Is August your push month or are you waiting for the snow?
What are you hoping to get out of August?
What are your thoughts/feelings/opinions on Vlogging?
Follow me! Type your email address in on the right hand column!
Follow me on Twitter @RunforDessert