On Monday, I got a lovely surprise at work from Jamie, our Reach The Beach co-captain. I guess it wasn’t a surprise though, because I knew she was coming, but it was more than welcomed during my crazy Monday stuff. Our relay team has been sponsored by Aspaeris, and they have given each female member of our team (sorry guys) two pairs of shorts, have I ever mentioned how much I like presents?
With all the craziness of the week, I wasn’t able to run yesterday, so this morning I woke up more than excited to try them out. I had never worn this brand until today, but on the reassurance of tons of people, I knew it was going to be okay.
At least that was my question until I got sidetracked by how tiny the shorts are. I opened them and thought; are these Kids Mediums? Turns out they aren’t, but seriously, they looked like they wouldn’t even fit on my one leg.
I’ve never worn compression shorts, er, compression anything. Don’t yell at me, I just haven’t quite jumped on that bandwagon yet, so I didn’t know they would look tiny and be really stretchy.
Now, before we get to the technical running stuff, lets talk about the important stuff.
- They fit snug, hence appearing to be a size appropriate for a 5 year old, but not too snug, they aren’t cutting off circulation.
- They never fell down (a big problem I have with shorts)
- For girls like me, with big legs, they hit in the perfect place, they never rode up, I never had to do the dance to pull them down.
- They are forgiving. Looking good while running is important to me, these covered all kinds of bumps and made me look skinnier. Therefore, raising my confidence and making running a little less embarrassing.
- They come in good colors. Nothing bright or flashy, but they aren’t limited to black. How many pairs of black shorts can one girl own?
For people interested in how they actually did with performance:
- After a bit, I didn’t even notice I had anything on, I just kind of felt like I was gliding.
- My legs felt great during and after.
- They do an awesome job wicking moisture away. It was pretty sticky out there today, but my legs didn’t notice, the rest of my body did.
I have a lot more time to be testing these bad boys out, so I will be sure to keep you all updated. I’ll be training in them and wearing them during the race for both running and
Have you ever worn Aspaeris Pivot Shorts?
Do you wear compression anything? Am I still living in the 90′s by not?
Have you ever run a relay? Are you or anyone you know running the Reach The Beach?
Note: We may still be looking for one female runner to join our team. If you’re interested, or know someone who is, let me know!