Last week I opened my fortune cookie and this is what I found inside:
And then I didn’t get news from one fellow blogger, but two fellow bloggers! Both Abby and Hannah nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is pretty much as close as I will ever get to an Emmy, now an Oscar, that’s a whole different story.
You may, at this point be asking yourself, what the heck is a Liebster? Here’s the best answer I have for you:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I think these ladies nominated me because I’m the opposite of this definition.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Since I was tagged by two people, I technically have to answer 22 questions for you, as well as give you 11 facts about myself. That seems a little excessive, and since I’ve never been one to play by the rules I’m going to answer the first 5 questions from each person.
11 Facts about me
1. I have brown hair, But I dye it red.
2. I get really mad when people tell me I’m dieting “wrong”. A) it’s not a diet, B) it seems to be working out pretty well for me.
3. I love my job, and I feel like I’m one of the very few people who do, I’m very lucky.
4. I went to 5 colleges, 1 of them twice.
5. I started running in October 2011, I’m still a newbie, but I’m in love.
6. I take women’s studies classes for fun, and wanted to major in it, but there’s no job market. So I majored in Sociology instead… #Fail
7. I have two brothers and a sister. I’m #3.
8. I like really depressing books. And Harry Potter. Depressing countered by Harry Potter.
9. I had greyhound growing up, named Ed.
10. When I’m tired or hungry I act like an infant.
11. I prefer a blizzard over a heat wave
Questions from Abby:
1. Why did you start blogging
I’ve had blogs on and off for several years, I really like writing, I’ve written in a journal since I was about 7 years old, this was like the next step.
2. What has been your favorite part of the experience so far
Meeting a lot of wonderful people in blogosphere that have the same interests and goals as I do. I would have never met them otherwise.
3. If you could gain one thing from blogging what would you hope it brings to you?
A sense of self.
4. What are you most looking forward to right now?
My brothers wedding and training for the relay
5. What do you do when you are stressed?
Usually I cry, then I cry some more, then I’ll run.
1. Who has been an inspiration in your life?
Lots of people. Every one in my life has given me something different.
2. What is a dream of yours?
To run a marathon and not die while doing it.
3. When was the last time you’ve laughed and why?
I laugh a lot. I laughed at Pat this morning when he told me I need my own Netflix account because I keep adding bad shows to his cue.
4. What was your proudest moment?
May was a slew of proud moments. I graduated from college and I ran my first Half Marathon. I’m pretty proud of both of those.
5. If your life was a movie who would you like to play you?
Reese Witherspoon. End of story.
Here are my Liebster winners !
Here are your questions:
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you exercise in classes or on your own?
- What was one huge moment in your fitness/ weight loss journey?
- What’s your favorite tv show?
- How much money can you justify spending on one pair of shoes?
- Would you rather go to the theater or a sporting event?
- Morning or night?
- Favorite drink?
- Do you love your job?
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing?
- What’s the biggest emotional or physical hurdle you’ve jumped?
Tell me something exciting about you!
Polkadots or Stripes?Gum or Mints? Africa or Antarctica?
Follow me on the right hand side, and you won’t be disappointed!
Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest too!