HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! It’s finally here for all of you that work that nice Monday-Friday schedule, for every one else, I know the feeling you’re having where it’s really just another day.
But it’s not just any other day… it’s Friday the 13th. Black cats, ladders, witches, death at every turn. I’m not 100% sure what happens on Friday the 13th, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be okay, as long as I remember to take my lunch to work.
If you are a superstitious lady, this week’s Things I Love Friday is just for you:
I’ve been listening to and watching 90′s pop music videos for a good portion of my morning, and each song keeps getting better, and better. It’s the perfect start to the weekend.
What’s your favorite 90′s pop tune that you can still makes you want to get up and shake?
Going into the weekend, and trying to live healthy, can be really hard. There are so many temptations to fall off course; booze, staying up late, skipping a workout to sleep in, greasy delicious food, booze.I battle the weekend by embracing it.
My biggest weekend battle is not a normal one, I still work on the weekends, but I get the thought process of “it’s the weekend, I can splurge”. My splurging is Iced Coffee with Caramel. I will drink 10 of these a day if I could- large, not small. So I allow myself one medium sugary coffee drink a week, and I usually use that allotment for work on a Saturday afternoon. Some weeks get so crazy that even with my allowance I forget, but it’s not like cell phone minutes, the time to use it doesn’t roll over into the next week.That way I’m not stockpiling my sugar and I can’t ruin an entire week of work just because I forgot to have my delicious sugary drink for the past 7 weeks and cram them all into one day.
So, moral of the story; Have a great weekend. Eat, drink, play- but do it all in moderation. Here’s some tips to survive:
- Do your scheduled workout, don’t give yourself an excuse. You’ll feel better all weekend for doing it.
- Drinking; go ahead, find alternatives to the sugar filled mixers and drink some water in between every drink. Remember that you don’t have to keep up with everyone else. Offer to be the DD if that keeps your under control.
- Go out to eat- but eat some fruit or veggies ahead of time. That way you won’t want to eat the whole burger and fries in front of you. It’s okay to leave food behind.
- Embrace life- don’t sit on your couch and feel sad because you’re on a diet. You can still have fun, and if you don’t, you’ll regret your lifestyle change and sabotage yourself.
- Be proud of what you’re doing, and why you’re doing it. People will try to pressure you, don’t let them. Just kindly tell them that you’re working on being healthy. No one can argue with that. And if they do, they’re a butt head.
What are your weekend plans?
What’s your weekend weakness?