Yesterday and today had a few firsts since being cut open.
- I left my apartment for the first time- I went and sat in my parents backyard for about 1/2 hr, even though it was a short period of time it lifted my mood a little. I think I’ll try to run some errands with my mom today. And by run I mean waddle, very slowly.
- I slept in my bed last night. For the past few nights I’ve been sleeping in the recliner because it is easier for me to get in and out of. I figured I’d be okay in the bed because Pat could help me get up in the morning, unfortunately, my bed is too comfortable and too cushy. I think I’ll wait another night or so before trying that again.
- I took a shower. I still feel like crap, but now I feel like clean crap.
- I’m about to drink a cup of coffee. I haven’t had any since Sunday and I thought I’d try a little- just to feel human. (I’ll let you know how it goes).
So what have I been doing if I’m not leaving my apartment, sleeping in my bed or drinking coffee?
I’ve been rotating ice packs like it’s my job.
Alex, I’ll share with you, but only because I’m starting to crave human interaction
Pat went to the video store for me on Sunday and rented a bunch of movies. I’m not a movie person, so when he asked me what I wanted to watch I had no idea. This is what I told him: “Anything girly, sappy, and that you wouldn’t want to watch”
This is what I got:
- Pretty In Pink
- Sister Act
- Sex and The City- The Movie
- Walk the Line
- Black Swan
- This Means War
- Miss Congeniality
- Ocean’s 12
- The Wedding Singer
- House- Season 4
He knows me so well.
Anyone have any suggestions for activities that don’t involve me moving from the couch and that I can fall asleep periodically while doing?