It’s been a little over a month since I’ve posted. It wasn’t necessarily on purpose, it was more one of those; I pushed it off until tomorrow and then tomorrow turned into a month- kind of thing. Oops. BUT, I have not stopped writing, oh no, it’s the contrary, my Creative Writing Class started. And I am LOVING IT… most of it.
Things I Forgot About College:
- It’s work. Like, honest to God, WORK. I have been putting in 9-12 hours a week for TWO classes.
- Time management- before I was just scheduling work and running- now I have to cram those 9-12 hours in there somewhere. Oh and sleep, sleep is something that has been put to the wayside.
- I am not technologically savvy- both of my classes are online… I’ve called tech help 6 times so far
- No one cares if I’m working 3 twelve- hour shifts in a row. The work still needs to be done. I still need to participate in class.
- Work does not care if I have homework that is due- they still expect me to be there.
- Sometimes running has to be pushed to the back burner. If the option is sleep or a run- and I have had 5 hours of sleep in two days… sleep wins.
Even with the adjustment period of trying to get my schedule situated I really am loving school. I’m a glutton for punishment.
Has anyone else started to go into Hibernation mode? When it starts to get chilly out I morph into a bear. I start eating, a lot, like enough to help me survive without another bite all through winter. And I start to want to sleep. But that may be because I’m not sleeping a lot so I constantly want to. The eating is what I’m trying to key in on here. Time to scale back because I’m pretty sure I am all set for winter.
Best Fall Foods:
- Stew- my mom made enough to last us all of September or October (or maybe this week), so it’s a good thing that I love it.
- Chili- Football season= Chili. And now wimpy, bland, chili… give me the heat!
- Anything pumpkin. I read this tweet and thought about every one I know…
if you say “pumpkin spice latte” in the mirror 3 times a white girl in yoga pants will appear & tell you all her favorite things about fall
— Grumpy Cat (@ItsTheGrumpyCat) September 9, 2013
But let’s be real. I love almost all warm, comforting, foods. Mashed Potatos…. Soups….Warm Bread…. ahhh… I’m going to turn (back) into the size of a bear if I don’t watch it.
Fall also equals Friends
What’s your favorite fall food?